Monday 25 February 2013

Where The Ocean Meets the Greenery




Wahoo the first Music Monday!
It was a challenge deciding on what to feature first... there are so many musical things I love. And there's so many musicians I love here in Halifax! In the end, I decided to go with local homegirl Halifax-based storyteller, poet, and musician Tanya Davis.



I first discovered Tanya ironically, when a friend from the US showed me a beautiful poem on Youtube called How To Be Alone. I then discovered that she was from Halifax through watching the video. I checked out some more of her stuff, and fell in love with her storytelling poetic music. You can check out her website here.

The above video speaks for itself. As an artist, and as an individual in the world, I feel ya girl. And I'm sure many many people can relate. It also features a really cute video by Andrea Dorfman.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite songs around... Where The Ocean Meets the Greenery. I love the lyrics and the feel so much! There's no music video for this song, so you can just listen, close your eyes , and let it take you away.



No comments:

Post a Comment